Season Opening Practice August 18, 2015 at BK
Its the moment you've been waiting for!
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 Bishop Kearney Cross Country season will officially begins. We'll be moving from our pre-season Tuliptree Training Facility and returning to the BK Championship Athletic Zone for the remainder of our season. Practice begins at 8 am.
Some of you have logged some good miles during our pre-season training and your coaches are impressed.
If you didn't make it to pre-season, thats okay. We're excited to have the BKXC Family back together for another fantastic season.
A few reminders:
- Report to practice at BK on time. 8am. We'll be done by 9:30. Contact a coach if you need a ride...we encourage car pooling.
- Be rested. Summer tends to mean staying up late and getting out of bed even later the next morning. Tonight is the night to get some extra sleep and to get back into health sleep routines.
- Be hydrated. We cannot talk about nutrition and hydration enough. Start drinking additional fluid (water) today. Sports drinks are a good idea in moderation during/after a workout...otherwise, water is just fine. And speaking of fluids; absolutely no pop (including diet pop) and no energy drinks of any kind. Pop and energy drinks can impair you health and athletic performance. High-sugar drinks are directly linked to a variety of adverse medical conditions and energy drinks are implicated in cardiac problems in athletes. Simple hydration is the key - drink water. Bring water with you. Dehydration can wreck your athletic ability...dehydration is preventable!
- Eat! You have to eat the good stuff. You're in training now and the junk food has got to stop. Now.
- Dress for the weather. BKXC athletes train rain or shine, hot and snow. Limit the amount of cotton on your body. Try of tech or poly fiber clothing. Our season is going to be off to a hot, humid start.